Messenger is a popular messaging app that offers a variety of features, including the ability to create polls in group chats. Polls can be a fun and effective way to engage with your friends, family, or colleagues and gather opinions on a particular topic. In this blog post, we will discuss the steps to creating a poll in a group chat in Messenger.
Before we dive into the steps of creating a poll in Messenger, it’s essential to keep in mind some crucial points:
- Only group admins can create polls in group chats.
- Polls can only have two options.
- Polls can be created in both Messenger’s mobile app and desktop version.
Who can participate in a poll in Messenger?
All members of the group chat can participate in the poll, including the person who created the poll.
How long do Messenger polls stay open?
Messenger polls can stay open for up to 24 hours.
Can I add more than two options to a Messenger poll?
No, Messenger polls can only have two options.
- Easy to use: Creating a poll in Messenger is a straightforward process and doesn’t require any special skills or knowledge.
- Engagement: Polls can be a great way to engage with your friends or colleagues and get their opinions on a particular topic.
- Time-efficient: Polls only take a few minutes to create and can quickly provide valuable insights.
- Limited options: Messenger polls can only have two options, which may not be sufficient for some use cases.
- Group admin requirement: Only group admins can create polls in group chats, which may limit participation.
- Time constraint: Messenger polls only stay open for 24 hours, which may not be enough time for some group members to participate.
Steps to Creating a Poll in Group Chat in Messenger:
Step 1: Open the group chat in Messenger where you want to create the poll.
Step 2: Click on the “Polls” icon located next to the message box.
Step 3: Type in the question you want to ask in the “Ask a question” field.
Step 4: Add the options for the poll. Messenger only allows for two options.
Step 5: Select the duration of the poll. The maximum duration for a Messenger poll is 24 hours.
Step 6: Click on “Create Poll” to create the poll and share it with the group.
Step 7: Group members can then vote on the poll by selecting one of the two options.
Step 8: Once the poll is closed, the results will be displayed, and the group members can see the percentage of votes for each option.
Creating a poll in a group chat in Messenger is a quick and easy way to engage with your friends, family, or colleagues and gather opinions on a particular topic. While there are some limitations to Messenger polls, such as the requirement for group admins to create polls and the two-option limit, they can still be a useful tool in many scenarios. By following the steps outlined above, you can create a poll in Messenger and start gathering insights from your group members.